Spiralized Noodle Pho
• 2 zucchini, ends trimmed and cut into 4-inch pieces
• 1 whole star anise
• 2 whole cloves
• 1/2 tsp each peppercorns and coriander seeds
• 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
• 4 cloves garlic, halved
• 3 to 4 thin slices peeled fresh gingerroot
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 tbsp fish sauce
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 2 (8 oz each) cooked and thinly sliced New York steak
• 2 cups bean sprouts
• 2 sliced green onions
• 1 Thai red chili, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves or Thai basil
• Lime wedges
• Sriracha hot sauce (optional)
1. Place piece of zucchini into spiralizer chute. Turn spiralizer on; press zucchini using pusher until dispensed into bowl. Repeat with remaining zucchini. Using scissors, trim into shorter strands. Set aside.
2. Wrap star anise, cloves, peppercorns and coriander into square of cheesecloth. Gather ends into pouch and tie with string to enclose spices. In large saucepan, combine broth, spice bag, garlic, ginger and bay leaf over medium heat; simmer for about 20 minutes or until steaming and broth is flavourful. Add zucchini; simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in fish sauce and soy sauce. Remove spices, garlic, ginger and bay leaf; discard.
3. Divide steak evenly among 4 large bowls. Top with steaming broth. Garnish with bean sprouts, green onions, red chili and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges, and hot sauce (if using).