Smooth & Creamy Chocolate Frosting
Great atop of cakes, brownies, cupcakes.. Heck, eat it straight out of the bowl!
• 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
• 3 tablespoons butter, cut up
• One 5-oz. can evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• ½ tsp. vanilla extract
1. Place chocolate and butter in a small glass bowl or double burner set over a saucepan with simmering water; heat until melted, stirring until smooth.
2. Place evaporated milk, sugar and vanilla in blender; blend on HIGH until sugar is dissolved, about 30 seconds.
3. Add chocolate mixture; blend on HIGH until thick and creamy.
This frosting will be very soft and easy to spread just after preparing. If a firmer consistency is desired, briefly refrigerate frosting until desired consistency is reached. Let stand at room temperature to soften before using.