Strawberry Panna Cotta
• 1 cup milk
• 3 tsp. unflavored gelatin
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• 7 tbsp. sugar
• Pinch of salt
• 2 cups strawberries, stems removed, cut in half
For the sauce:
• ½ cup water
• ½ cup sugar
• 3 tsp. rose extract
1. In a saucepan, pour the unflavored gelatin over the milk in an even layer and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, blend cream and vanilla extract in Oster® blender jar on LOW Speed.
3. Prepare a container with ice and water.
4. After 10 minutes of hydrating the gelatin, heat the milk and stir using a mixer until all ingredients are combined. Remove from the heat and add salt, sugar and stir.
5. Add milk gradually to the cream in the blender jar and mix on LOW speed. Once you have finished pouring the milk, add all the ingredients to a container and place into the bowl with ice (similar to a hot water bath but, in this case, the water is cold). With a mixer, stir until reaching the same consistency as that of malted milk.
6. Place the mixture in ramekins and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
7. To make the sauce, boil water with the sugar until it turns into a light syrup. Remove from the heat; add rose extract. Let stand for 5 minutes.
8. Place syrup over the heat again, add half of the strawberries and cook for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in the blender on MED Speed.
9. Cool mixture then pour over the panna cotta and garnish with remaining strawberries. Serve immediately.