Baba Ghanoush (Eggplant Spread)
This flavorful dip is best served with warm pita bread and toasted pita chips, or use as a spread for sandwiches and wraps.
• 2 medium eggplant (about 1 pound each)
• 1/3 cup tahini
• 3 tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• Pinch ground cumin
• Additional olive oil, paprika and minced fresh parsley, optional
1. Prick eggplants with a fork in several places. Place on a foil-lined baking pan.
2. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 30-40 minutes or until centers are very soft and skin is blackened, turning once; cool slightly.
3. Cut eggplants in half; scrape pulp into blender. Add tahini, lemon juice, oil, salt and cumin to Oster® blender jar; blend on HIGH until desired consistency is reached.
4. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve at room temperature.
5. If desired, drizzle lightly with additional oil and sprinkle with paprika and parsley before serving.