Black Bean Quesadillas
• 2 long red chilies, seeds removed (optional)
• ½ bunch fresh coriander
• 2 cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
• 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
• 1 pack mini tortillas
• 2 cups grated tasty cheese
• 14 oz. cooked chicken, roughly chopped
• 1 avocado, peeled, seed removed
• 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed, cut into thin slices
• 1 red pepper, seeds removed, cut into thin slices
• Oil, for cooking
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• Tomato salsa, to serve
1. Place all of the bean puree ingredients into the blender jar or food processor. Secure the lid.
2. Blend on MEDIUM speed for 20 seconds or until a smooth paste forms. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Spread ¼ cup of bean mixture over one tortilla. Top with chicken, avocado, cheese, green and red bell peppers. Fold in half. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
4. Heat oil in a medium fry pan. Add quesadillas and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden and the cheese is beginning to melt.
5. Serve with tomato salsa.