Smoked Salmon Bisque
If you like lobster bisque, you will absolutely love this creamy smoked salmon version.
•1 cup smoked salmon, flaked
•1 large onion, finely diced
•1 cup carrots, diced
•1 celery rib, chopped
•1 whole bay leaf
•1 tsp. thyme
•4 tbsp. butter
•1 cup dry white wine
•Salt, to taste
•Pinch of cayenne pepper
•5 cups fish broth
•1/2-3/4 cup cream, heated
•1 tbsp. tomato paste
1. In butter, sauté onion, carrots and celery with bay leaf and thyme. When softened, add first a dash of cognac and then the white wine. Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
2. Add fish broth and tomato paste.
3. Bring to a boil and let simmer for a few minutes.
4. Purée mixture in an Oster® Blender or Oster® Food Processor and pass through sieve.
5. Return soup to pan and bring to a simmer.
6. Add salmon flakes and heated cream. Adjust seasonings to taste.
7. Serve garnished with fresh thyme.