Conch Chowder is a Key West classic, and now you can enjoy this hearty dish right from home.
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 6 cloves garlic, minced
• 12 shallots, minced
• 2 jalapeños, seeds and stems removed, minced
• 1 large onion, peeled and diced
• 10 ears of corn, shucked, kernels removed
• 8 cups fish stock
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 2 ribs of celery, cleaned and diced
• 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
• 1 bulb fennel, diced
• 1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
• 1/2 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• 3 lbs. cleaned and ground conch meat
• Lime wedges for garnish
1. In an Oster® Electric Skillet, heat olive oil over MEDIUM heat.
2. Add garlic, shallots, onion, celery root and jalapeños and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Now add corn kernels, fish stock and cream. Allow soup to simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Remove soup from heat; puree in Oster® Blender jar.
5. Pour soup back into the Oster® Electric Skillet, turn down to LOW temp.
6. Add onion, celery, carrots, fennel, herbs and cherry tomatoes; stir in the ground conch, bringing soup to a simmer.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with a wedge of lime.