Chocolate Cream Cheese Refrigerator Roll
•8 ounces cream cheese, softened
•1/2 cup cocoa powder
•1 cup powdered sugar
•1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
•2 cups heavy cream
•9 ounces chocolate wafers, usually sold near the ice cream section of the supermarket
1. In large bowl, combine cream cheese, cocoa, powdered sugar and vanilla.
2. With Oster Hand Mixer beat on low speed for one minute until ingredients are incorporated and then beat on high until mixture is smooth and fluffy.
3. In medium bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form; fold into chocolate cream cheese mixture.
4. Spread one heaping teaspoon full of whipped cream mixture on each wafer.
5. Begin stacking wafers together and stand on edge on serving platter to make a 14-inch log.
6. Frost with remaining whipped cream mixture.
7. Chill for 4 to 6 hours or freeze and thaw in refrigerator for two hours before serving.
1. garnish with chocolate shavings, shredded coconut, berries or sliced almonds.
2. Slice roll at 45-degree angle so you can see the layers.