Great for breakfast or dessert.
•1 cup sugar
•1 stick unsalted butter, softened
•1 cup flour
•1 teaspoon baking powder
•1 teaspoon salt
•12 small prune plums, halved and pitted
•1/3 cup sugar
•2 tablespoons cinnamon
1. Butter and flour 9-inch springform pan.
2. With mixer, cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time.
3. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Add to mixer and blend until just incorporated.
5. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
6. Starting on the outer rim, place plums, center cut down, on top of batter. Continue placing plums halves through middle and center in single layer.
7. Squeeze lemon juice on top of cake.
8. Mix sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle evenly on top of cake.
9. Bake 1 hour until puffed and golden brown.
10. Let cool on rack.
11. Remove pan band and serve.