Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 cup; Nutrients Per Serving: Calories 288, Calories from Fat 34%, Total Fat 11g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 1,239mg, Carbohydrate 39g, Fiber 12g, Protein 13g
• Two 15-oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 garlic clove, peeled
• 2 roasted red peppers
• 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
• 1/2 small sweet onion, halved
• 1 small jalapeño pepper, stemmed
• 1-3/4 cups unsalted vegetable stock
• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• Optional Garnish: chopped cilantro, diced red onion
1. Combine all ingredients in order listed in Oster® Blender.
2. Select Puree setting (or, Blend on medium for 10 seconds then on high for 20 seconds).
3. Transfer mixture to saucepan and simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
3. Pour into soup bowls and garnish with cilantro, onion, jicama and serve immediately.
For a chunkier soup, reserve 1 cup-drained beans to stir in after blending.