Deep Fried Oysters
•12 large shucked oysters
•2 tbsp water
•1/2 cup crushed seasoned bread crumbs
•7 cups oil
1. Drain the shucked oysters and dry them well between towels.
2. Beat together the egg and 2 tbsp water.
3. Insert a fork into the tough muscle of the oysters, dip them in the water and egg mix; then in seasoned bread crumbs; in the egg again and once more in the bread crumbs.
4. Let the oysters dry on a rack for 1/2 hour.
5. Pour 7 cups oil into deep fryer.
6. Preheat deep fryer to 375°F.
7. Fry them for approximately 4 minutes.