Salmon with Green Peppercorn Sauce
• 6 salmon filets
• 3 tbsp. butter
• 3 shallots, finely chopped
• ¼ cup dry wine
• ½ cup fish stock
• 1 cup cream
• 3 tbsp. green peppercorns in brine
• 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Turn temperature control knob on your Oster® Electric Skillet to 350˚F (175˚C).
2. Add oil and cook filets for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3. Add butter and wait for it to melt, add shallots and sauté for 2 or 3 minutes. Immediately add wine, fish stock and allow liquid to reduce for about 3 more minutes.
4. Lower the temperature to 300˚F (150˚C), add cream and half of the green peppercorns; cook for 5 more minutes then add the rest of the peppercorns.
5. Arrange salmon filets on a serving dish, pour sauce on top and serve.