Eggs in Their Nest
• 1 lb. (600 g) white potato, peeled and cut in quarters
• ½ cup breadcrumbs
• 1 ½ tbsp. butter
• 3 long onions or chopped scallions
• 6 eggs
• 1 tbsp. canola oil
• Salt to taste
1. Place potatoes in a pot covered with water. Let it boil until a knife is inserted into the ends and they feel soft. When it gets to this point, remove and drain a make mashed potato, it should yield approximately 2 cups.
2. Preheat your Oster® Digital Multifunction Oven at 400˚F (200˚C) and set to Bake.
3. Sauté onion with butter. Add mashed potatoes, breadcrumbs and salt.
4. Grease a muffin pan, divide mashed potato into 6 equal parts and place in each muffin cup forming a nest. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. After 15 minutes, remove carefully and check that they are golden brown and consistent, if not, set oven for 5 more minutes. Then, pour an egg in each nest and cook in the oven for 10 more minutes set to Bake, checking eggs cooking progress as they will turn slightly white.
6. Remove from the oven and serve with toast and a delicious juice from fresh fruit.