Italian Vegetable Torte
• 9 asparagus
• 4 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 small white onion, finely chopped
• 1 squash, cut in cubes
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 cups spinach, stems removed
• ½ red pepper, cut julienne
• ½ cup yellow pepper, cut julienne
• 1 tbsp. basil, chopped
• 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
• 1 ricotta cheese
• 1 Mascarpone cheese
• 4 eggs
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your Oster® Multifunction Digital Oven set to Bake at 375˚F (190˚C).
2. Wash asparagus and cut about 4 inches long. In a heat-resistant pan, place asparagus, peppers, onion, squash, garlic and mix in with olive oil. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, monitoring and stirring from time to time.
3. Mix ricotta cheese, mascarpone cheese, eggs and ½ cup Parmesan cheese.
4. When vegetables are ready, remove from the oven and add to the mixture.
5. Set your oven to Bake at 350˚F (175˚C) and cook for 35 minutes.
6. Grease a baking mold and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Pour in the mixture and bake for 30 minutes.
7. When the signal sounds, remove from oven and let it cool; place in the refrigerator for 3 hours so that the torte has a soft, but consistent texture. Cut in pieces and serve as a side dish with beef, chicken or fish.