Rice with Sausage
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• 2 Frankfurt sausages, cut in slices
• 2 carrots, julienne cut
• 1 red pepper, julienne cut
• 1 white onion, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 cup sweet corn (or ear corn shelled)
• 2 cups rice
• 1 can peas
• 1 cup mushrooms cut in half
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. In your OSTER® Multi-Use Rice Cooker with Sauté function, pour canola oil, press the Sauté button, and add sausage and onion; when onions turn transparent, add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
2. Add carrots, red pepper and corn, sauté for 5 minutes. Add rice and mix all ingredients. Add water, salt and pepper.
3. Turn off the Sauté function and press the Cook button.
4. When cooking cycle is finished, add corn, peas and mushrooms; place lid on the cooking pot and wait 5 minutes for ingredients to cook at even temperature. Serve and enjoy this delicious rice dish with your family.