Salmon with Green Sauce
For the Salmon:
• 4 skinless salmon fillets without skin, approximately ¾ -inch (2 centimeters) thick
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• 2 tablespoons agave nectar
For the Sauce:
• 4 oranges
• 2 lemons
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 1 cup lemon juice
• ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
• 3 tablespoons mint leaves, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons capers, blanched and chopped
• 2 teaspoons orange peel
• 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 2 scallions, cut in slices
• Salt and pepper to taste
1.On the cooking surface of your Oster® Folding Griddle pour canola oil, brush surface with oil and preheat to 350˚F (175˚C).
2.Season both sides of the filets with agave nectar, salt and pepper; place on the cooking surface and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Grill a few orange and lemon slices with the fish filets.
3.Prepare sauce, cutting orange and removing the pulp from its membrane. Place wedges in a bowl and pour on top the rest of the ingredients and mix.
4.Once salmon is cooked, pour sauce over it and serve. Garnish with scallions, and the grilled orange and lemon slices.
You can serve this delicious dish with a side of asparagus, which you could easily cook on the griddle. Simply season with olive oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, salt and pepper. It takes the same amount of time to cook as the salmon fillets.