Rich Belgian-Style Waffles
•Serve a special waffle for brunch or dessert
•1 egg yolk
•2 tsp sugar
•1 cup sour cream
•1 tsp baking powder
•1/2 cup milk
•1/2 tsp salt
•3 tbsp butter, melted
•1/4 tsp baking soda
•1 cup flour
•1 egg white, stiffly beaten
1. Preheat Oster® waffle maker.
2. Put all ingredients, except egg whites, in a large mixer bowl and beat with Oster® Hand Mixer on low until moistened.
3. Increase to medium, mix until smooth.
4. By hand, gently fold in beaten egg white.
5. Pour a rounded 1/2 cup (125 ml) batter over grids. Close waffle maker, bake until steam no longer escapes, about 3-5 minutes. Repeat.
6. Serve while hot with warmed syrup or Strawberries Romanoff.