Salmon Wontons with Ginger Soy Sauce
•6 tablespoons soy sauce
•1/4 cup minced peeled fresh ginger (reserve two teaspoons of the ginger)
•1/4 cup rice vinegar
•3 tablespoons honey
•1/2 pound salmon diced into 1/2 inch pieces
•3/4 cup finely chopped onion
•1/4 cup sliced scallions
•1 large egg
•1 teaspoon garlic, minced
•1/4 teaspoon red crushed chilies
•Salt to taste
•1 12-oz. package wonton wrappers
•Blended oil for frying
1. Place fresh ginger in Oster® Food Processor and mince.
2. Place fresh onion in Oster® Food Processor and finely chop.
3. Blend 4 tablespoons soy sauce, 1/4 cup (less 2 tablespoons) ginger, vinegar and honey in small bowl.
4. Combine salmon, onion, egg, garlic, crushed chilies, scallions and salt in medium bowl. Mix in remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce and 2 teaspoons ginger.
5. Place several wrappers on work surface; brush edges lightly with water.
6. Place heaping 1 teaspoon salmon filling in center of each. Fold wrappers diagonally in half, pressing edges to seal.
7. Place wontons on waxed paper. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
8. Preheat Oster® Toaster Oven to 250°F.
9. Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat; add 1/4 of wontons.
10. Fry until wontons are golden and filling is cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to baking pan; keep warm in Oster® Toaster Oven.
11. Repeat frying with remaining wontons, using 1/2 teaspoon oil per batch.
12. Serve wontons with the honey-soy sauce.