Spinach-Basil Pistachio Pesto
• 1/2 cup unsalted pistachios
• 1 large clove garlic
• 2 cups lightly packed basil leaves
• 2 cups lightly packed spinach
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup water
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• Kosher salt, optional
1. Combine pistachios and garlic in Oster® blender jar; PULSE 2 to 3 times to chop finely.
2. Add basil, spinach, cheese, oil, water and pepper; PULSE 5 to 6 times until finely chopped, using tamper to press ingredients into blade.
3. Season with salt, if desired.
Tip: Use this pesto as you would any pesto, tossed with hot cooked pasta or roasted vegetables, or served with grilled fish, chicken, shrimp or scallops. Also try brushing this pesto onto whole-wheat pita or naan breads for easy individual pizzas. Top with a little part-skim mozzarella cheese and a scattering of colorful vegetables, like thinly sliced mushrooms, red onion, zucchini and tomatoes, before grilling or baking to crispy goodness.